We have identified an opportunity to appoint an ambitious Business Development Manager to join our team in a client-facing sales role. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for revenue generation through new client acquisition for Growth Partners.
You will have a primary focus on developing our Private Equity and VC community, building long-lasting relationships, and becoming a trusted advisor to CEOs, Talent Partners, Venture Partners and shareholders looking for Marketing solutions.
Location: Hybrid – London and Remote
Reports into: Emma Morrison, Head of Growth Partners
Revenue Growth: you’ll be responsible for driving new revenue growth across sectors and generating sales and new business opportunities from both prospects and our existing network of corporates and VC/PE backed scale-up businesses.
Manage Sales Pipeline: You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a robust sales pipeline; this includes identifying potential clients, nurturing relationships with existing customers, and managing the sales cycle from initial contact to contract negotiation and closure. You’ll work with us to achieve and exceed your personal sales targets.
Build and Maintain Trusted Relationships: As a trusted advisor to CEOs and investors, you will build and maintain lasting relationships with key decision-makers to understand their needs and requirements, and ensure that we are delivering an exceptional level of service. You’ll work closely with our recruitment teams to understand our service offerings and to deliver outstanding results that exceed our clients’ expectations.
Know Your Market and Your Competition: You’ll be responsible for conducting market research to identify new business opportunities and trends in the alternative investment sector. You will analyse industry trends, competitor activity, and customer needs to inform our sales and marketing strategies. You’ll also represent tml Partners at industry events and conferences to continue to build our brand in the market.
Propose and Present: with the support of the marketing team, you’ll develop and deliver compelling proposals and presentations that demonstrate our expertise, capabilities, and value proposition to prospective clients. You’ll work closely with our recruitment teams to create tailored solutions that meet our clients’ specific needs and requirements.
Innovate and Collaborate: You’ll be responsible for leveraging the latest innovative tools and techniques, including video and financial data platforms, to develop and execute business development strategies. You’ll work closely with our marketing team to create targeted campaigns, content and other materials that support our sales and business development efforts.
CRM Management: you will Maintain the Salesforce CRM system and update BD pipeline information in real time, including proposals, sales activity and call reports. Ensuring all opportunities are recorded, followed up and reported monthly and to put processes in place to ensure this is achieved.
Ideal Experience and Skills:
- Validated network in the industry with 5+ years of experience in sales / business development, preferably in a professional services, financial services or management consulting business.
- A proven track record of developing and executing successful business development strategies that target Private Equity, Venture Capital and high growth / scale-up businesses.
- Good knowledge of the Private Equity sector, including key players, trends, and industry dynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prospect, convert and deliver new revenue.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the confidence to deliver compelling proposals and presentations.
- An entrepreneurial and solution minded individual.
- Strong team player with ability to also act alone.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritise.
- Proactive, self-motivated leader with ambition, energy and drive.
- Strong networking skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers.